This tutorial is a part of series of articles on WordPress:
- Understanding WordPress
- Installing and Setting up WordPress on Virtono
- Installing WordPress Manually
- Navigating in WordPress Dashboard
- Publishing Content
- Installing WordPress Plugins
- Installing WordPress Themes
- Optimizing WordPress Performance
- Keeping WordPress Secure
If you have followed the previous tutorials I hope you have gotten yourself the trusted Virtono VPS either KVM VPS or a Cloud VPS. If not I highly suggest you get from right here.
Creating a site with WordPress begins with publishing a fresh post or a new page. You might wonder – what’s the difference between articles and pages?
The answer is easy. WordPress posts can be categorized, tagged, archived. WordPress posts are accustomed to publish time-sensitive content.
In contrast, webpages are mainly for static, dateless content material. They don’t have groups or tags. About Us, Contact Us are good examples.
Step 1 – Creating a New Post
To create a fresh WordPress post open the Put New section under Posts or choose New -> Post option from the very best toolbar.
You will be offered an editing screen with a range of posting features. The very first thing you must do is get into a name for your post.
Second of all, enter the actual content material of your post in the field beneath. If you would like to format your text, utilize the toolbar options.
It’s like the one you could find in MS Term or any other popular text message editor.
At the right-hand side of the screen, you can observe the so-called meta-boxes. Each box has a particular function.
- Publish. Here you can change the position and visibility of your post, routine it. By clicking on the Publish button your post will proceed live. If you opt to delete the post, press the Proceed to Trash button.
- Categories. On this package, you can assign your post to a particular category. You may also create a new one by pressing the + Add New Category switch.
- Tags container allows to quickly put new tags.
- Featured Image. Right here you can assign a presented image to a post. It’ll be visible towards the top of the post (picture location could be different based on theme).
Step 2 – Creating a fresh Page
To be able to create a fresh WordPress page, open up the Add Brand-new section under Webpages menu or click New -> Page key at the very top toolbar.
Add New page section has similar WYSIWYG text editor similar to the Articles section has. Therefore, the procedure of text insight and formatting may be the same.
You may also observe that Pages section doesn’t have Tags and Categories meta-boxes. Instead, it includes a box known as Page Attributes.
In this section, you can transform the order of your pages and set parent webpages. This is useful if you wish to have several web pages under one parent web page.
Next Up : Installing WordPress Plugins