This tutorial is a part of series of articles on WordPress:
- Understanding WordPress
- Installing and Setting up WordPress on Virtono
- Installing WordPress Manually
- Navigating in WordPress Dashboard
- Publishing Content
- Installing WordPress Plugins
- Installing WordPress Themes
- Optimizing WordPress Performance
- Keeping WordPress Secure
If you have followed the previous tutorials I hope you have gotten yourself the trusted Virtono VPS either KVM VPS or a Cloud VPS. If not I highly suggest you get from right here.
The primary reason for WordPress plugins is to expand WordPress functionality. Simply by installing and activating a plugin you can include fresh features to WordPress site without the coding.
There are thousands of totally free and paid plugins built for different purposes: from social media sharing to security. Therefore, you will surely look for a plugin that suits your needs.
Installing WordPress plugins can be an easy job even for a newbie. Free of charge and freemium plugins can be found on WordPress.org plugin directory.
Exactly like themes, these could be installed utilizing the inbuilt WordPress installer.
To set up a WordPress plugin press the Put New key under Plugins and enter the name of the plugin you would like to install in the search field. Strike Install and Activate button.
There are a large number of premium (paid) WordPress plugins which can’t be installed from the state WordPress plugin directory. In the event that you purchased reduced plugin, you would need to manually upload it to WordPress.
The process is fairly similar to themes installation. To proceed, press the Add New button under Plugins and strike Upload Plugin. Now decide on a plugin archive and upload it. Finally, install and activate the plugin. If you want an in depth guide, see this tutorial
Essential WordPress Plugins
There are therefore many WordPress plugins – it may be hard to find the right one. Actually, most of the plugins serve the same purpose, for instance, there are dozens of WordPress caching plugins.
This is why we made a decision to list the very best WordPress plugins that are crucial for each and every WordPress blog.
- Google XML Sitemaps. This plugin will instantly generate XML site maps for better search engine optimization. It’s simple to use and upgrade it regularly.
- Optimole . Optimole uses every graphic you upload to WordPress and optimizes it in order that it occupies less space. Moreover, it runs on the cloud-based system to increase your website. Optimole auto-detects the screen size, and resizes pictures to provide an easy loading, responsive experience to your users.
- Yoast SEO. Essentially the most well-known SEO plugin for WordPress. It can help you improve the seo. From meta tags to composing recommendations – Yoast SEO plugin provides it all.
- Revive Old Post.Another one of the must-have WordPress plugins in our list is definitely Revive Old Post. It’s designed to help drive more traffic to your internet site via social mass media. To accomplish this, the plugin will take your site’s new and older publications and immediately shares them to Twitter and Facebook.
- Wordfence Protection. This plugin could keep your WordPress secure from hackers and malware. It has firewall and malware scanner modules which are very useful.
- CONTACT PAGE 7. Simple but extremely powerful WordPress contact page plugin. Create any get in touch with or even to generate leads forms with this plugin.
It’s not recommended to clog WordPress with a large number of plugins as it could decrease site’s performance. Maintain your WordPress clean by setting up only important plugins and delete the types you aren’t using.
Next Up : Installing WordPress Themes