In the field of hosting, we have to mention trustworthy services such as Shared Hosting and Dedicated Hosting. But how different are they? Which service is best for you? This article will share the ultimate knowledge of web hosting so that you can choose what you need.
Popular Types of Web Hosting
Essentially, buying hosting means that you hire hardware resources of Servers. Depending on how many resources you rent, the provider will offer suitable hosting types.
Dedicated Web Hosting
This is the strongest type of hosting. First, you will rent a whole physical server. Then, the provider will give the information on the server location and Internet connection so that you can use this server to install everything from the system such as administration, applications, and websites.
Obviously, dedicated web hosting is the most expensive compared to other types of hosting, but in return, you can use the server hardware and secure your data entirely.
Virtual Private Server (VPS)
VPS is actually a part of the physical server resources. Thanks to hardware virtualization technology, experts will install virtual devices on the physical server and let you rent these to store and install applications.
What is Shared Hosting?
Shared Hosting or Cheap Hosting is a small part of VPS or Dedicated Server. Specifically, they install the operating system (Linux or Windows) and applications (Web Server, MySQL, PHP …) for you to upload and run websites.
Types of Shared Hosting
Shared Hosting is usually divided into 2 categories, based on the operating system on the server:
This shared hosting uses the Linux kernel operating system because the Linux is fast, free, lightweight, and has good security. Therefore, most of the Shared Hosting services are Linux Hosting.
As the name implies, this shared hosting installs the Windows Server operating system.
How to Choose a Suitable Web Hosting
When choosing a web hosting, you need to consider the factors affecting the performance and stability of Hosting. Don’t choose a web hosting that is much weaker or stronger than your requirements.
Factors to Consider when Buying a Web Hosting
1. How many server resources does your website need?
To determine the appropriate server resources for your website, you must answer the following questions:
- What source code do you use? Is it heavy or light? This aims to consider the CPU and RAM of web hosting.
- How many visits to your website at a time to choose the amount of RAM?
- Do you have a lot of data to choose the appropriate hard Storage?
- Is the data download/upload of your site monthly high or low to choose the bandwidth?
- How many websites do you need to run on Hosting, using Windows or Linux?
2. Where are Visitors to Your Website from?
Each website has its own customer target. You have to specify to choose a Datacenter that can serve the download speed in that area.
3. Do you have a basic knowledge of Web Hosting?
Most hosting services will only support you with common issues. When installing and managing, you have to learn or hire people to help.
If you do not have much time as well as professional, then let’s consider Shared Hosting because it is easy to use. A reputable supplier that you cannot ignore is Virtono. Founded in 2014, Virtono has built a reputation for providing high quality and affordable web hosting solutions. Best of all, thanks to the cooperation between Virtono and CouponUpto, users can fully minimize costs and optimize the buyer experience. Tons of hottest Virtono deals, coupons, discounts, and promo codes are waiting for you on CouponUpto to grab. With all of their passion and dedication, CouponUpto always strives to bring the most effective and modern saving solutions and create a smart spending environment.
4. Is the Data on Your Website Highly Secure?
Using web hosting on Virtono always ensures the highest reliability. If you are still in doubt, you should opt to rent the dedicated hosting. In fact, if it were not for national security reasons or serious cases, the providers would have no reason to touch the server hard drive you rented.
5. The Cost of Your Web Hosting
The cost is crucial when buying Hosting. Most people run websites for the purpose of business, so the amount of money for hosting each month can vary.
With the same quality of service, if you investigate, there will be places that are much cheaper than the others. Virtono is one of the best providers that are committed to bringing high-quality products at the most affordable price.
After taking all those into consideration, you will be able to choose a hosting package that suits our needs.
Shared Hosting or Dedicated Hosting
The advantages of shared hosting are:
- Low cost
- Easy to use because all software is preinstalled. You only need 30 minutes to get your website up.
- Compatible with many sources, no matter what source you use to develop websites.
Shared hosting isn’t suitable for:
- Your website has heavy source code and data, such as medium or large sales sites and forums.
- You run a high traffic website. You should turn to another web hosting to ensure the site works smoothly.
- Running applications: if you want to run the software, it is clear that the Dedicated hosting is perfect.
- The data is highly secure. When shared hosting is attacked, your website will be affected.
In summary, the type of hosting you will choose depends entirely on your needs, budget, servers, and website. Therefore, to make a wise decision, you should research more information. Besides, you should also consult the technically savvy people. Remember that a smart decision directly determines the success of your online business.