fbpx

In the last article we talked about Business Intelligence and how it is changing the world around us, how it is shaping the new businesses, and about the struggles of the current industry.

Today we’ll take a look at how you can setup a business intelligence unit of our own, from the perspective of your IT department, because the variance in data means that the IT has to be at the focal point of it.

So lets talk about the old process from a bird’s-eye view, the data collected and that has to be understood, that data goes to the IT analyst, who detach the spine from that data, metaphorically ofcourse, then that spine is sent to the programmer, who is responsible for providing the code, which runs and iterates over the given data and produces results!

Now those results were not to be understood by an untrained eye, but along came the revolution of personal computing that introduced simple, smart, compact methods of dealing with data atleast for small organisations, which rooted out the middleman IT, which created a neat looking data but unreliable to say the least.

BI has come a long way from when it began and now its time to combine both the old ways and the new to create the ways of the future, the waves of data advancement are looked in three stages, I’d go as far to say that its time for the fourth!

Now, lets talk about how to cement your feet in the world of Business Intelligence.

1. Find the right Project

Finding the right project is not exactly, starting working on the data that will help you right away, you will have to consider the holistic view, kind of what I mentioned in the last article. You have to find the project that is meaningful to your organisation, and divide it in stages, that way changes can be made based on the last stage, again something mentioned in the last article about optimality.

1. Have a team of Customer Representatives

If you have a business I am pretty sure you are already familiar with this one, have atleast five people under your wing actively focused on the customer part of your organisation, not on the part of how your organization is perceived, but what goes on inside the mind of your customers, hire mentalists if possible, just kidding, no I’m not.

1. Ask for help from your competitors

It sounds kind of, I don’t know, weird? Yeah it does, but you are running this project for BI, like mentioned in the first part its not only for selling more products, its more for cementing yourself in the ground for the years to come, to have a loyal customer base, so go around ask for help, give help in return because we are in the making of something new, and we can use all the help we can get, right? , I’ll leave this one upto you my friend.

1. Keep experimenting

BI is not a month’s work, it’s a long journey of trial and error, your Customer Representative’s decisions will make or break everything. Thats why have them in odd number something to break the tie, just saying.

With the new world of tech around us, its upto you to find the right people to head over he BI part of your business, you have to find the right people, the right project, make the right decisions, I know it sounds like a lot of work and it is because the rewards are high, so what are you waiting for.

Categories: IT News

1 Comment

Jona · August 9, 2016 at 2:18 AM

I will right away snatch your rss feed as I can’t to find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service.
Do you’ve any? Please allow me recognise in order that
I may just subscribe. Thanks.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.