fbpx

A lot would say, it was about time, I’d say it was about damn time that after a lot of pre-event leaks and revelations, we have a phone by Google.

The company unveiled its new phone “Pixel” yesterday, pre-loaded with Google’s AI and unlimited storage, Pixel has sure caught everyone’s attention.

I’d say read-on, but take a look at this new sleek, sexy rectangular box, that will change a lot for the future of mobile phones.

Google, the brand itself has a lot of value, maybe more then Apple, and its no surprise that Pixel was released around the same time as Iphone 7, with Apple claiming to “revolutionize”, I believe Google did.

Its no secret the amount of user data present with Google is on par with Facebook, and Google has been trying to develop a rich AI for years, and its been years since we first saw the first AI loaded phone, for now we hope the Google has spent those years working on a awesome AI, I know right, why AI?, again and again, thats because my dear friends if you remember Google’s keynote, the new CEO Mr.Pichai said,”Artificial Intelligence is the new future”.

So, its only logical to hope the Google’s AI should surpass everyone’s that came before.

The reason we say this is that Google announced open SDK (Software Development Kit) of “Google Assistant” for developers and in next year or so we can hope to book an UBER by “Google Assistant”. As the SDKs were released recently the product based services will require some time to develop.

Camera:

Lets talk about the camera on PIXEL, it has got a 12.23 megapixel camera which is being called the best camera ever to be supported on a smartphone. On the other hand we have the iPhone 7 plus which supports a dual-lens camera and is yet not the best. So the point is, why do you need that extra lens? As our ancestors said quantity does not make something better, if that was the case Kim Kardashian would have been a top model. According to DxO Mark’s tests, the Pixel’s 12-megapixel camera surpasses the iPhone’s 12-megapixel shooter. Actually,it surpasses every camera ever put up on a smartphone.

Hardware:

Now let’s move on to the hardware aspect of PIXEL. The PIXEL embeds a really attractive hardware in its core. It is powered by the Snapdragon 821 which is the latest and most powerful processor developed by Qualcomm. The processor is a quad-core with 2×2.4 GHz cores + 2×2.0 GHz cores. Why does Snapdragon 821 has cores at different clock speeds? The simple answer is, power efficiency.

Operating System:

PIXEL runs on Android Nougat 7.1 which is a system update to Android 7.0 and is so new that it never existed day before yesterday. The USP (Unique Selling Point) of this system update is the embedded AI in it, the “Google Assistant”. Google Assistant could be positively said to be the best virtual assistant on a smartphone. Unlike most of the other producers Google offers clutter free and the most raw experience in PIXEL, which was only available in Nexus before. Having said that we are pretty sad at bidding good-bye to the Nexus flagship.

Google saved the best for the last.

• The best thing that PIXEL has to offer is “Unlimited Cloud Storage“. All the PIXEL users will get an unlimited cloud storage from Google which is by far one of the best cloud services in the world.
  • The next best thing is the Google Assistant which is for the first time is being embedded on a smartphone.
  • PIXEL embeds the best camera on a smartphone.

With all that being said you can see that Google’s PIXEL is a better device for value of your money. I think this one line from my brother’s WhatsApp status sums it all up, it said, “Apple iPhone 7, because you have more money than common sense”.

Categories: IT News

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.