Gone are the days, when we used to bash our heads on the keyboards in order to manage our web domains, database management, E-mails, backups, FTPs, with the introduction of the user friendly web panels, integrated with awesome looking GUIs, all we needed to do was just a few clicks and everything was done for us.
These Web Panels are life saviors. In a fast paced world they are a necessity.
And today we’ll take a look at some of the most important web panels.
Like I said, its a fast paced world, so I’ll do a brief introduction of all of the web panels, following this series of articles on how to install those panels, on various Operating Systems. And take your first steps on those panels, but thats for later, lets get introduced to our panels.
Different Kinds of control panels:
- CentOS Web Panel
- It is widely used and most popular control panel, you can easily manage your web hosting accounts. It is simple to install and supports multiple websites, domains and sub domains.
- cPanel could be pitched as the most full-featured system of all, just like Yuri Boyka.
- cPanel is only supported on Linux, for Windows you will have to use Enkompass product or a virtualization setup.
- The user interface, although easy to use, is definitely not the best among web control panels, for beginners.
- It is generally provided with windows and can also be used with Linux, it has many benefits and can be used with any operating system. You can use it with shared, VPS and dedicated web hosting.
- Plesk covers roughly 70 to 75 percent of the European market.
- With support for various Linux versions, as well as Windows compatibility.
- The panel is integrated with many functionalities to support different hosting cases.
- The user interface is a bit cleaner than cPanel.
- It is an open source, multilingual control panel for Linux licensed under BSD license. It allows users to manage web servers like Apache the most widely installed web server and Microsoft’s Internet Information server (IIS), DNS servers, FTP servers, database and virtual servers.
- ISPmanager is a commercial product with features similar to premium control panels.
- ISPmanager Lite is designed for managing VPSs and dedicated servers.
- ISPmanager Business is ideal for shared or reseller hosting.
- Froxlor is an open-source web control panel with a very clean interface. There is IPv6 support, a ticketing system, and an integrated reseller-customer messaging system. It is ideal for ISPs and similar organizations.
- Integrated with interactive graphs, it follows the minimalistic design for hassle free lovers.
CentOS Web Panel
- CentOS Web Panel (CWP) is a free web hosting control panel.
- That allows you to easily manage multiple servers (both Dedicated and VPS) .
- It has a solid feature set that can match most of the other web panels.